This instruction shows you how to display your reviews and ratings on Google Product Listing Ads.
Google's guidelines for reviews and rating:#
- You must have a minimum of 50 reviews in your Product Ratings feed.
- Your reviews must follow Google’s content policies.
- Reviews should be of high quality (text and picture).
- All reviews must be synced (even low ratings).
Step 1: Log into your Google Merchant Center account or sign up for one
Step 2: Fill in Google's Product Ratings Interest Form
Step 3: Under “Do you work with an approved third-party reviews aggregator?:”, choose No. Then, answer other questions and submit the form.
Step 4: Reply to Google’s response
In a few days, you will receive an email from Google saying this:
“Your aggregator, 'LAI Product Reviews', does not have an approved partnership for the Product Ratings program with Google yet [...] So in the meantime, "" can send a direct product ratings feed to Google.”
Please reply to this email with this to get approved:
Thank you for your response. I will use LAI Product Reviews as a review aggregator and submit a direct product ratings feed via my Google Merchant Center.
Thank you and have a lovely day!”
Step 5: Wait until you are approved, then a new "Product reviews" section should appear under the "Marketing" tab in your Google Merchant Center with the status being live
If the status did not switch to live after a few days, you can apply for the program again following the above steps or contact Google for further support.
You can upload your products’ ratings and reviews to your Google Merchant Center once you are approved.
- All: This option will fetch reviews from all products.
- Specific products: browse and choose the products you want to fetch reviews from.
- Review source:
- Customers submission: fetch reviews which are submitted by your customers
- Imported: fetch imported reviews You can choose “Include photos” or “Exclude photos” reviews for your Google Shopping Listings.
Country: Select the country your reviews are from.
Skip reviews with keyword: type in the keywords you want to exclude from your feed. Those reviews having words will be rejected.
Step 3.1: Select a Google Shopping app that you're using.
We have been integrating with several apps as below:
Among mentioned apps, please select a Goolge Shopping app that you used to upload your products so that our data are able to match perfectly with your uploaded items.
Step 3.2: Select an appropriate Google Shopping product identifier
Depending on the format you chose in the Google Shopping app, please select a corresponding option here:
- Default setting: This is a recommended option. With this selection, please remember to choose a product prefix; GTIN and MPN are both optional (They are required if you upload your products along with GTIN/MPN). Regarding the Product prefix, please go to Products sections at the left menu bar on Google Merchant Center > select any product and fill in the product prefix as follow (e.g. shopify_US):
Include from Variant ID
Include from GTIN: With this selection, please choose a GTIN format which matches with one out of following formats:
Include from Barcode
Include from SKU
Include from Product ID
Step 3.3: Copy the generated link in the red-outlined box.
This is the final step for your reviews and ratings to appear on Google Shopping listings.
Step 1: Log into your Merchant Center account
Step 2: Go to Marketing > Product reviews. Click on “Product reviews feeds”
Step 3: Click the plus button on the “Product reviews feeds” page
Step 4: Name your feed and choose “Scheduled fetch" upload method
Then click “Continue”.
Step 5: Select your fetch frequency/date/time as you want.
Paste your XML file link from LAI into the “File URL” box.
Finally, click “Create feed”.
If you have any troubles following the instruction, please contact us via live chat or send emails to [email protected].