Omnisend is a marketing automation platform that helps businesses streamline their marketing efforts, improve customer engagement, and boost sales through personalized and automated campaigns across multiple channels.
- To send SMS, customer's phone number is required to be collected.
Please go to Shopify admin site > select Settings > go to Checkout
- At Customer contact method > select Phone number or email.
- At Customer information > go to Shipping address phone number > Select Optional.
- At Marketing options > please assure to select SMS.
Please visit this link for the most detailed instruction.
Please assure to install 2 apps:
- Option 1: Clicking on Get API key button in LAI.
- Option 2: In Omnisend, going to Store settings > scrolling down to API keys > copying an existing API key or create a new API key.
The default status is Unverified key.
Please enter the copied API key to this box > click on Verify. If you verify the API key successfully, the status will be Verified key.
Please click on Connect to complete the connecting process between LAI and Omnisend.
The status will be Connected afterwards.
Afterwards, the integration is complete and three LAI triggers will show in Omnisend app:
LAI fulfilled orders: Automatic emails will be sent after orders are fulfilled.
LAI paid orders: Automatic emails will be sent after orders are paid.
LAI reviews are submitted.: When a review is submitted in LAI Product Reviews, an event will be sent to Omnisend to implement the flow created in Omnisend.
- Please visit Omnisend admin site > go to Automation > click on New workflow or you can click here > choose Create custom workflow.
- On the right menu, select Trigger > choose 1 LAI trigger.
- Select SMS as a type of Messages (on the left menu). You can end the workflow here.
Please edit the content on the right menu, at Message text sub-section.
This is a variable list, which is available at EVENT PROPERTIES, you can use to mention your customers in emails:
email: to show your customers' emails
first_name: to show your customers' first names
full_name: to show your customers' full names
last_name: to show your customers' last names
link: to show a link redirecting to the first product page in your order.
shop name: to show your shop name
title: to show products' titles
Please click on Update to complete the setting.
You can send a test SMS to check your workflow. If you need any more help, please contact our live chat or send emails to [email protected].